Updated: 17 hours ago
1. Cleanse your mouth using the miswaak.
2. Have a bath (ghusl).
3. Dress in your best clothing (i.e. the best clothing in your possession, not necessarily new clothing).
4. Apply itr (perfume).
5. Perform Eid Salaah at the Eid Gaah (i.e. open field).
6. Avoid eating anything before Eid Salaah on the day of Eidul Adha (i.e. the first thing one should consume should be the meat of the sacrificed animal). However, on the day of Eidul Fitr, you should eat an odd number of dates or anything sweet before leaving for the Eid Salaah.
7. Go to the Eidgah early.
8. Walk to the place of Eid Salaah.
9. Recite the takbeer audibly when proceeding to the Eid gah on the day of Eidul Adha, and recitethe takbeer silently when proceeding for the Eid Salaah on the day of Eidul Fitr. After reaching the Eidgah, continue reciting the takbeer until the imaam comes out to conduct the Eid.
10. Use different routes to and from the place of Eid Salaah.
11. Perform two rakaats waajib salaah of Eid with six extra takbeers without any azaan or iqaamah.
12. Remain seated after the Eid Salaah and listen to the khutbah.
13. During the khutbah, it is waajib for one to remain silent and listen attentively to the khutbah.
14. It is forbidden to perform any nafl salaah in the Eidgah, both before and after the Eid Salaah.
15. By staying awake and engaging in ibaadah on the night of Eid, one will be rewarded in this manner that when all the hearts die, his heart will remain alive.